Just outside the village of Flint Hill, Water Edge is a private retreat of river, fields, and forest. Once you cross the stream to enter the property, you’ve achieved the ultimate in privacy and serenity. Sitting on the porch overlooking the river, wandering through fields, hiking through the woodland trails, exploring the river banks, or simply just contemplating the vast panorama of the Blue Ridge Mountains, there is no reason to ever leave. Your perfect vacation is right at your doorstep.
Water Edge is a comfortable 3 bedroom home sited above Hittle’s Mill Stream. The house features both front and back porches, as well as a screened side porch to let the outside in on all sides. An exterior of stone and cedar make it a low maintenance home. A two car garage with extra storage is attached via a breezeway. Interiors are light and airy and low maintenance. All rooms have windows taking in views.
- Living Room (16 x 17) – Wide plank pine floors with a large Rumford fireplace with wood stove insert, and pine columns and exposed beams.
- Dining Area (10 x 17) – Open to kitchen, screened porch, back porch, and kitchen.
- Screened Porch (26 x 17) – wide covered and screened porch on south side of house with views of mountains and river. Accessible via the front porch and dining room.
- Kitchen (12 x 10) – White cabinetry, pine floors with gas range and large island. Open to dining area.
- Master Bedroom (16 x 14) – Sunny room with large window overlooking river, walk-in closet, and en suite full bath.
- Laundry Room (8 x 9) – washer and dryer with counterspace and an en suite full bath.
- Mudroom (8 x 9) – Coat racks and room for benches. Connecting breezeway to garage with rest of house.
- Hall Bath – Full bath serving both upstairs bedrooms.
- South Bedroom (15 x 15) – Well proportioned room with wall-to-wall carpeting, large closet, and large balcony.
- North Room (13 x 12) – Wall-to-wall carpeting and dormer windows and large closet.
- Family Room (24 x 16) – large room with wall-to-wall carpeting, outside doorway and connected to upstairs via staircase
- Half Bath – Small bathroom under staircase with plumbing for expansion to full bath.
Sited on a peninsula bounded by the Jordan River and the Hittles Mill Stream, Water Edge is world apart on its 52 acres. Approximately 25 acres are open and currently used as a hayfield. There is considerable livestock potential as well, and with fencing it would be suitable for horses, cattle or sheep. A wooded bluff over the Jordan River is filled with mixed hardwoods and rocky outcroppings. There are several trails connecting the open fields with the river down below. A true huntsman’s paradise, Water Edge is well stocked with turkey, deer and other game. Trout and other fish are plentiful in both rivers.
The property is also ideally suited for equestrian pursuits. The Old Dominion Hounds ride through the area, and an adjoining farm has stabling available for those who would want to use this property as a hunt box or for riding purposes.
Telecom: Water Edge boasts excellent cell phone coverage from all major networks. Internet is available via mobile broadband, satellite, or local broadband providers.
Location: Water Edge is located off Rt.522 in Rappahannock County near Flint Hill. Water Edge is 15 miles from Rt. 66 (Marshall exit 27) or 17 miles (Ft. Royal exit). Approximately 65 miles from Washington, DC. Travel time to downtown DC is 1 Hour 15 minutes (in low traffic situations). Approximately 45-60 minutes to Dulles International Airport. 1 hour 15 minutes to Charlottesville. 20 minutes to Warrenton, 10 minutes to Front Royal. Water Edge is in Old Dominion Hounds foxhunting territory.
Amenities: The nearby village of Flint Hill boasts three restaurants, Skyward Cafe, The Blue Door, and The Griffin Tavern. “Little” Washington, the county seat is the home of The Inn at Little Washington and shops and theater. Rappahannock County is a close-knit rural community with excellent theater, concerts, art galleries, wineries, and the Shenandoah National Park. Equestrian pursuits (fox-hunting, trail riding, dressage) are very popular.