Mill Run Cottage is a charming small property ideally situated as a weekend retreat or a small farm. The property is a lovely balance between wooded and open pasture land tucked away on a small private lane. There are views of Bessie Bell mountain from the pasture but most of the land has pastoral views of fields and woodland and the large pond that is the centerpiece of the property. The cottage is a small two bedroom house overlooking the pond and fields and is a quiet and reflective spot to enjoy country life.
The Mill Run cottage is a traditional farmhouse layout designed by noted architect Russell Versaci. Built in 1996, this cottage is freshly painted and updated and ready for your decorating touches.
- Kitchen (13 x 8) – Galley kitchen with lots of counter space, french doors to back porch, oak floors, and space for ‘eat-in’ table.
- Living Room (17 x 19) – Large room with oak floors, fireplace, and access to front and back porches.
- Mud Room (16 x 11) – Access to front porch and to fenced side yard perfect for dogs and children. Oak flooring.
- Half Bath
- Side Bedroom (17 x 9) Oak floors with windows overlooking the pond
- Hall Bath – Bath with shower/tub combo.
- Master Bedroom (18 x 16) – Large room with dormer windows and oak flooring.
- Laundry (10 x 8) – Open room with outside access with washer, dryer and utility sink.
- Wine Cellar – (18 x 14 ) – cool and dry basement room with concrete floors. A perfect place to store wine or other items.
- Full Bath – large bathroom with tub/shower combo.
- Recreation Room (17 x 19) – Large room with woodstove and tiled floors. Ideal for use as a family room, playroom or guest room.
Mill Run Cottage consists of 25 acres of mostly rolling pasture land with a wooded perimeter. Approximately 15 acres are open with 10 wooded acres as well. A large 1.5 acre pond lake is the focal point of the property. The property is ideally situated for a weekend or hobby farm. Several fenced in pastures abut the pond and are suitable for horses or other livestock. A pheasant pen/aviary is suitable for housing chickens or more exotic fowl.
Telecom: Internet service is available via wireless network on a satellite dish. Television is also via satellite. Limited cell phone coverage.
Location: Mill Run is located on Bessie Bell Mountain Road between the villages of Castleton and Woodville in Rappahannock County, Virginia. Travel time to downtown DC is 1 Hour 30 minutes (in low traffic situations). Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to Dulles International Airport. 45 minutes to Charlottesville. 20 minutes to Culpeper, 20 minutes to Warrenton, and 20 minutes to Front Royal.
Amenities: The Castleton Music Festival is just a few miles away, as are several vineyards and the tiny hamlet of Laurel Mills. “Little” Washington, the county seat is the home of The Inn at Little Washington, several shops and two theaters. Rappahannock County is a close-knit rural community with excellent theater, concerts, art galleries, wineries, and the Shenandoah National Park. Equestrian pursuits (fox-hunting, trail riding, dressage) are very popular. Sperryville, also nearby, is home to the Thornton River Grille and other establishments. Equestrian activities (fox-hunting, trail riding, dressage) are very popular local pursuits.