Brookhill Farm is a fantastic family compound that is ideally suited as a full-time residence or a weekend retreat. Spectacularly sited above the Hazel River and encompassing expansive and dramatic western views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this private oasis has everything one could desire in a country property. Whether your interests include horses, livestock, fishing, hiking, or just relaxing by the pool in a private setting to enjoy the mountain views, Brookhill Farm has it all. The comfortable main house is ideal for entertaining large groups or intimate family dinners. The guest suite affords privacy for visitors and the separate guest cottage even more. The six stall stable is ready for your horses to move in tomorrow or easily be converted to other livestock use. The immaculately groomed pastures are ready for your animals to graze, or to keep as quiet hayfields. Hiking and riding trails and coop jumps extend the usable outdoor space into the mature woodlands that ring the property. Truly a spectacular retreat for you and your family.
Fabulous renovation and expansion of a traditional farm house has created a spectacular family retreat. In addition to new master and guest suites, the main home includes a new roof, new windows, and new carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms.
- Garage – This two car garage is attached to the house through a breezeway connection.
- Powder Room – Off the garage entrance is a powder room with access to a large systems/storage room.
- Screen Porch (19 x 19) – Large open screened room with brick fireplace. Surrounded by gardens and views of the lawns and mountains. Opens to dining room.
- Dining Room (14 x 19) – Large space open to living room and kitchen. Mexican tile floors and exposed beam ceilings. Bay window overlooks lawn and mountain views.
- Kitchen (9 x 14) – Galley kitchen with commercial grade (10 burner) stove, granite counters, maple butcher’s block island, Mexican tile floors and custom cabinetry.
- Living Room (18 x 30) – Expansive room with exposed beamed ceilings, Mexican tile floors, bay windows, and large fireplace.
- Family Room (18 x 21) – Steps down to this “sunken” room give it high ceilings. Brazilian cherry floors and windows overlooking garden. Built-in surround sound system.
- Child’s Playroom (9 x 12) – Small bedroom off of family room with Brazilian cherry floors.
- Master Suite (30 x 13) – Very generously proportioned, this master suite has Brazilian cherry floors, vaulted ceilings, skylights, lots of closet and storage space, and separate sleeping and sitting areas. The en suite bath has a skylight, travertine tile floors and vanity counters and a large walk-in shower (with rainforest shower head) and a separate water closet. A separate closet houses a washer and dryer.
- Guest Suite (12 x 10) – This suite has a separate entrance near the pool. A sunny cheerful and private room with slate floors and en suite full bath with shower.
- Front Bedroom (13 x 10) – New carpeting and large closets
- Back Bedroom (13 x 10) – New carpeting.
- West Bedroom (17 x 17) – large bedroom with mountain views. New carpeting and large closets.
- Hall Bath – This large full bath with separate shower and claw foot tub also has a new washer and dryer.
Garden Areas: Extensive landscaping around the house (including a small pond) gives way to a several levels of paved patio areas with seating and merging with a large lawn overlooking the river and mountain views. A children’s playground with sandbox and play equipment is within the fenced lawn perimeter for the security of children and pets. A vegetable garden (with water) is adjacent to the fenced area.
Pool: This free form pool sits in the middle of extensive garden areas and has dramatic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The stone paving around the pool integrates with the patio seating areas and garden plantings around the house and allows for stress-free entertainment of larger or smaller groups. The new pool heating system extends the swimming season into autumn.
The cozy one story guest or tenant cottage at the entrance of the farm is a quiet and easily maintained home for guests, in-laws, or a tenant care-taker. An inviting front porch and nicely landscaped driveway make this a charming first stop on the farm.
- Living Room (17 x 13) – Pleasant room with pine floors
- Front Bedroom (8 x 11) – Sunny carpeted room
- Back Bedroom (11 x 11) Quiet carpeted room with two closets
- Kitchen (15 x 11) – Large eat-in kitchen with electric range, dishwasher and refrigerator/freezer
- Hall Bath – Ceramic tiled bath with tub/shower
- Laundry (11 x 8) – large room with pantry, washer, dryer and utility sink
- Screened Porch (12 x 10) – Enclosed porch with views overlooking woodland and pasture
- Garage – attached garage for single car covered parking.
Stables: A stables complex features six 12×12 box stalls, each with individual turn out to an enclosed paddock. A large storage room could be converted into additional stalls or work space. The stables also include a feed room and a tack room and a large covered space in which to store farm machinery or park cars. A good sized enclosed paddock has direct access to all six stalls and includes an automatic waterer.
Paddocks: Approximately 35 of the 48 acres on the farm are fenced fields suitable for horse or cattle grazing and/or haymaking. A combination of board and wire fencing allows for easy enclosure of all fields into grazing cells or paddocks and a system of gates provides easy access from one field to another.
Woodlands: 13 acres of beautiful private woodlands divide the paddocks from one another and form a linked chain of walking and riding trails that meander along several streams on the property and down to the Hazel River.
River: Very private river frontage along the Hazel River encompasses several shallow rapids and a larger deeper swimming hole. Excellent fishing is to be had in the Hazel. The river frontage is accessible by a drive-able trail/roadbed and features a large clearing for family picnics and other activities. A trail along the river bank provides access to the rest of the property woodlands and to neighboring farms.
Telecom: Internet service is available via wireless network on a satellite dish. Television is also via satellite. Limited cell phone coverage.
Location: Brookhill Farm is located off of Old Stillhouse Road between the village of Sperryville and town of Culpeper in Culpeper County, Virginia. Travel time to downtown DC is 1 Hour 40 minutes (in low traffic situations). Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to Dulles International Airport. 50 minutes to Charlottesville. 10 minutes to Culpeper and 30 minutes to Warrenton. In Rappahannock Hunt territory.
Amenities: Nearby Culpeper, the county seat is home to a number of restaurants including Foti’s, Hazel River Inn and Thyme, several shops such as The Cameleer, Green Roost, and Pepperberries, and theaters, including the State Theater and the Library of Congress’s Packard Theater. Culpeper is also home to Commonwealth Park, Virginia’s largest equestrian facility.
MLS# Not Listed – Private Placement with Washington Fine Properties – Brokers welcome.